As I write this, I’m on a bus bound for Pearson Airport in Toronto, in what has been an amazing two weeks of sport and adventure in the United States of America and Toronto, Canada.
In that time, I’ve traveled over 10,000 miles (and set to do another 6000 before getting home), and have seen 4 sporting fixtures, and a couple more unofficial sporting fixtures, including baseball in Central Park between CBS News & The New York Times in the journalism league, and Tennis in Times Square, put on to promote the US Open.
Over the next two weeks, I’ll be regailing you with stories from my traveling and the sports I’ve seen and quirky stories. Including (but not limited to):-
- The greatest salesman in baseball today.
- Teaching native Chicago residents Welsh.
- Ending up in the middle of nowhere (commonly called Richmond, Virginia)……
- …..and drinking in a Liverpool pub with an of Manchester owner.
- Appearing on TV infront of a worldwide audience.
- Having 6 seconds of fame on one of the world’s most popular youtube channels.
- Drinking with family members of a Shrewsbury Town legend.
- Seeing Davor Suker.
- Discussing fantasy football tactics at Ground Zero.
- And sharing my hatred in my least favourite sporting arena in the world.
- And so much more!
Sounds exciting? You bet it is! Which is why I’m still writing the bits and bobs to finish. How do you keep in touch with all this? Well you can either like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, subscribe to my RSS feed or subscribe to my newsletter! I’ve started a free email newsletter so you can get all the posts direct to your inbox when they go live. It’ll start by the next post. If you’re interested in subscribing, please do! To subscribe, fill in the details in the “Keep Upto Date” box on the sidebar.
In the meantime, enjoy the weekend, and I’ll speak to you early next week!